Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Children

My children are pretty funny. The other day I said to them "why don't you guys go outside and play in the backyard." Any normal child would jump at the opportunity, but my kids said it was too hot outside. I think it was probably 22 outside, not even that hot. They do love being outside, however when it gets the slightest bit warm they start to complain about it. Well I found a solution that works for all of us. The other day I took them to the Legislature. I got to get some sun on my white legs and they got to play in the water and feel cool even though it was hot out. I swear they could have played in the water all day long, especially Owen. He is my outside child, he loves to be outside no matter the weather, which is good because he also likes to be moving non-stop, so being outside is great for him.
The unfortunate thing is that I don't feel like I can take all 4 kids by myself to the Legislature, thankfully my sisters could come that time, but in the future I will have to find someone else to come with me. On occasion I feel brave enough to take the kids on outings by myself, but it always has to be close to home incase I can't deal with them and we have to pack up and leave.
What have I learned from this blog?
I just need to suck it up and ask for help, so we can all enjoy the days that are warm because they don't last forever.

No comments: