Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Busy!!!!

Wow where has the time gone?
I have been super busy as I'm sure so many of us are at this time of year. My mom and I decided to sell some bags we've been making at some craft fairs. We braved our fist and second craft fairs all with in a few weeks of each other. I can't say we made that much...in fact I think all together we made $5 each. After covering our costs, ect. I laugh about it cause it's funny and it was our first try at selling our product. I have to say at both fairs I was extremely disappointed in the number of people that showed up to buy stuff, which played at huge part in not selling. Oh well, it was a good experience and we made some good contacts. I think we're figuring that we'll sell our bags on Etsy or something more simple on our part.

Oh yeah and Brody has his 4th birthday and we went and did gymnastics. He had so much fun. And his cake was a cake pop rocket ship cake, with sparklers, which scared the kids. He he.



I have been extra busy with my ward Christmas Activity, I was in charge of it! Decorating and getting a turkey dinner on for 300 people is just like doing a wedding I decided. It was exhausting, but so worth it. I loved doing the decorations and I'm thankful for all the help I had. Too bad I forgot to take pictures cause it was so beautiful!

Now it's time to finish up doing presents for Christmas. I'm glad that I've decided to do a bunch of handmade stuff, cause it really means a lot to me and to the person I'm giving to. But it also means a lot of work too. Oh well, I really do enjoy doing that kind of stuff.

I am so looking forward to Christmas holidays. One week at Olsen's and one week at Harker's.

That means two weeks for me to relax and do puzzles. I only do puzzles once a year at Christmas time. I think we all know why that is the case....it's called 4 little kids.

As I've been getting ready for Christmas this year, I have really been able to focus on Christ and it has been nice. As I have prepared things for friends and family it has given me time to think why I'm doing what I'm doing and how blessed I am for the best friends and family I could ask for.
Thanks to all and hopefully I don't write back till the New Year, cause that will mean I'm having a great Christmas holiday. I wish the same for all of you!

1 comment:

Sarah Willett said...

I am sad for you about the bags. I am also exhausted just thinking about all the work you out into the Christmas party. How do you do it all you are amazing. Love you and miss you
Sarah