Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A NEW YEAR

Wow, time flies when your having fun.



I've felt really busy lately and definitely a little crazy. My kids are letting me know they have had enough of winter and being couped up inside, which isn't pleasant. I've taken them to a lot of different places, but of course all by myself. Jay has been super busy with school and trying to squeeze some work in when he can and so that leaves me to entertain our kids. Even though I've taken the kids out I always end up feeling at the end of the outing that I'm DONE! It takes a lot of prep, patience, and packed food to keep my campers happy.
I have managed to do some things I like to do, like decorate cakes. Well specifically I've been experimenting with cupcake recipes and icing recipes. It's been fun. I like excuses to do cakes so when Valentine's Day came I thought why not, I'll do a cake for Jenna's school Cake Raffle. It was fun to make.
Speaking of Jenna, she is growing up so much. She lost her first tooth on Valentine's Day during supper. She kind of freaked out and was a little scared when her tooth just fell into her mouth out of her gum. I told her calmly just to spit it into my hand. She did and then cried a lot because she saw the kleenex I was using to wipe up the little blood that was there. After a few hours she was fine and then she wrote a not to the tooth fairy that was sooooo cute.

If you can't read it in the picture it says: "Dear Tooth Fairy, This is my first tooth. What do you do with all the teeth? Thank you for coming. It kind of hurt, but I was brave. Love Jenna




I found a picture on the internet and I wanted to copy it, it turned out pretty close.






4 comments:

Emily said...

Nice work Christy! Those all look very delicious!

Sarah Willett said...

fabulously gorgeous cake
I also love all the kids in the tub

Lyndsey said...

The cake looks amazing! And seriously, those cupcakes the other day were so delicious. Still thinking about them... and still haven't gone to the gym! Tomorrow!

Kara said...

Yum! And I love how I can see both you and J in Jenna. She's beautiful.