Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh dear

When your kids are sick, it's HARD! I would say I've been blessed with children that don't get sick very often and I'm thankful. I know some of my friends have kids that are constantly getting sick, which is horrible, and I give it up for you ladies. You are amazing. But this time as my two youngest have been sick I have realized that we often overlook the tender mercies that are given to us.
For example, this week has been hard because Owen and Cole have been sick and I have been on the verge (mostly stuffy and sore throat). The only thing worse than having sick kids is being sick yourself with sick kids. Anyway, when Owen is sick he is all about you holding him and not moving and watching TV. It is hard to even go to the bathroom without him breaking out into hysterics. So it's a lot of doing nothing and getting nothing done. But, (and here comes the tender mercy) Jay has reading week this week so he is home. Thank goodness. I know someone is watching out for me because Jay has been gone a lot in the last couple of weeks and I have been worn out by my kids so to have this lazy week is actually quite a blessing.
There you go. Sometimes looking at our trials in a different way can help us get through them.
p.s. (my random thought) I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that I have smelt in my lifetime that is worse than this: opening the door to your child's room in the morning and smelling rotting vomit from the night before all over the blankets, clothes, and hair of your child
-okay this didn't happen this time the kids were sick, but it has happened before, I can't even put into words how disgusting it is (I'm not sure what I learned from this, maybe don't breath right away after opening a door that has been closed all night)

2 comments:

Sarah Willett said...

I wish I was there to help you out. Hang in there.
Love ya sarah

Maren said...

Oh dear, ...sick kids is not fun! I hope your house gets better soon! Thanks for the positive outlook! I need to be better at that!